12 We Love: Rag Dollsby Suzanne Milne on 25/11/2015
Beloved by boys and girls around the world, a rag doll is a cute and comforting companion that’s graced children’s toy cupboards since the times of ancient Rome.
Thankfully, some brilliant designers today love creating rag dolls too. We dare you to pick just one favourite (and hand it over to your child!)
Click the heart on the image to add an item to your StyleFile and create a Christmas Moodboard. Not sure how to begin? Watch our two-minute How To Make A Moodboard guide.
1. Wearing a beautiful Liberty print dress and sporting glorious raggedy ponytails, the Maisie Liberty Doll from Alimrose is a 41cm/16in rag doll classic for ages 3+. She costs A$48.
2. Fleur Bella from Nana Huchy is an ever-so-elegant magical fairy that is suitable for all ages. She is 49cm/19in tall and costs A$33.
3. Hailing from Nantes in France, Les Mistinguettes Suzette Rag Doll from Les Déglingos is a quirky little character. Suitable for all ages, she is 36cm/14in tall and costs £25.
4. Coming from the sunny clime of Zambia, Arabella from Busl Barn is an heirloom-quality doll with a hand embroidered face and your child’s name sewn into her dress. She is 43cm/17in tall, costs US$95 and is suitable for all ages. (Order by November 25 for Christmas delivery).
5. Jeanne is one of Les Coquettes from Moulin Roty. She comes with a linen bag that is labelled with her name and trimmed in fabric matching her dress. Suitable from birth, she is 38cm/15in tall and costs A$110.
6. The fairytale Casia Ballerina Doll from MGA is part of the Mooshka Doll doll friends who “sprung into sweet huggable girls through the power of friendship”. She is suitable for ages 2+, is 33cm/13in tall and costs US$30.
7. Jess Brown’s designer dolls have become quite the collector’s item, and we think Violet is the perfect doll to start your collection. Made from your choice of muslin or linen, she has an antique fabric outfit, stands 56cm/22in tall and costs US$198 (order by December 3 for 2015 delivery.)
8. Billie from Tiger Tribe is a hand-crafted rag doll with soft cotton dresses and stockings. She is 34cm/13in tall, suitable from 12 months and costs A$40.
9. Christmas Holly is from Silver Cross, the UK producers of iconic prams for British royalty – which is possibly why she comes with her own toy pram. She is suitable from 18 months, is 40cm/16in tall and costs £35 (£400 for doll/pram set).
10. Julie from Anton Anton Things is a Spanish beauty with green alpaca wool hair and a vintage cotton canvas face with hand embroidered details. She is 48cm/19in tall and costs US$50 (order by December 5 for international orders).
11. She might be petite, but we think Ruby from Tacón in Brazil is pretty gorgeous. She is handmade, stands 30cm/12in tall and costs A$70.
12. A meticulously sewn cloth doll custom-made with hand embroidered details, Nellie from Piggy Hates Panda is suitable from birth. She is 46cm/18in tall and costs US$54.
To help you find these fabulous dolls, we’ve linked each doll’s name to a website where you can purchase the doll. Because we’re an international lot, our price guide is in the currency of the toy’s place of origin.
MAKE A CHRISTMAS MOODBOARD NOW…