12 We Love… UK Summer Festivalsby Catherine O'Dolan on 06/07/2015
Dance and dine by day before bedtime stories by the camp fire and sweet slumbers under a starry sky: the new breed of festivals has everything you need for the whole family to have a field day!
- Wychwood Festival May 29–31 Cheltenham Racecourse plays host a pedigree event with over 100 acts across four stages.
- Eden Festival 11–14 June Vibrant independent boutique festival showcasing young up-and-coming musical talent, as well as more established artists, set in the stunning Raehills Meadows of Dumfries and Galloway.
- Blissfields July 2–4 Sublime shenanigans filled with music, art and wonder in a pretty tree-lined wilderness.
- The Original Cornbury Festival July 10–12 ‘Poshstock’ is a quintessentially British affair with an eccentric village fete feel.
- Larmer Tree Festival July 14–19 Party and play among the peacocks as the festival favourite celebrates its 25 anniversary.
- Latitude July 16–19 The Queen of the Arts festivals is cool, liberal and artistic with the cream of musical and comedy talent.
- Womad July 24–26 World Of Music Arts and Dance is the original and biggest celebration of music, arts, food and dance from across the globe.
- Camp Bestival July 30–August 3 Bestival’s little sister is a rockin’ affair for tiddlers, toddlers, teen and their grown-ups.
- Wilderness August 6–9 Relax and rejuventate body and soul in the ancient landscape of the parkland of the Cornbury Estate in the Cotswolds.
- Just So Festival August 21–23 The perfect taster for rookie festival goers, Just So is the perfect choice for preschool party people.
- The Big Feastival August 28–30 Jamie Oliver and Alex James promise a final pre-back-to-school blowout with foodie feasts and fab music.
- Off The Tracks Summer Festival September 4–6 Set within the historic grounds of Donnington Park, Off The Tracks is compact in size but big on family-friendly fun.
* Need more insider info to help you make the most of your festival revelry? Check out our Time to… Head to a Festival feature for all the been-there, done-that survival tips you need!